- Support the efficient management and sharing of research data and code from acquisition through analysis
- Grow the current and future scientific data work force.
- Software grants support technology development ranging from prototyping funds to substantial scaling resources;
- Training grants aim at supporting work force training and curricular initiatives as well as targeted adoption of new technologies by specific communities;
- Research grants bring historical, ethnographic, and economic research methods to bear on our understanding of scholarly activities in a changing technological context;
- Community grants build networks for knowledge exchange across disciplines as well as institutions that serve to incubate sustainable research and software projects.
Association of Research Libraries
Study Examines Copyright Permissions Culture in Software Preservation, Implications for Cultural Record
Berkeley Institute for Data Science
BIDS receives Sloan Foundation Grant to contribute to NumPy development
Citizen Scientists Discover Five-Planet System
Gather for Open Science Hardware
GOSH Releases the Global Open Science Hardware Roadmap
Council on Library and Information Resources
CLIR Receives Sloan Foundation Grants for Software and Data Curation Fellows, Energy Fellows
University of Chicago
Can computer programming languages impact science and thought?
Interested scholars should submit a letter of inquiry of no more than two pages to program director Joshua M. Greenberg.
Data & Computational Research
info UC Irvine professor and Sloan grantee Holly Bik discusses Phinch, a Sloan-supported biodata visualization platform, at the 2016 NYU Data Summit. Developing tools that help researchers work more effectively with data is one of the primary goals of the Data and Computational Research program. Program Goal To accelerate scientific discovery by helping researchers fully exploit the opportunities crea…