- Support the efficient management and sharing of research data and code from acquisition through analysis
- Grow the current and future scientific data work force.
- Software grants support technology development ranging from prototyping funds to substantial scaling resources;
- Training grants aim at supporting work force training and curricular initiatives as well as targeted adoption of new technologies by specific communities;
- Research grants bring historical, ethnographic, and economic research methods to bear on our understanding of scholarly activities in a changing technological context;
- Community grants build networks for knowledge exchange across disciplines as well as institutions that serve to incubate sustainable research and software projects.
Argonne Team Breaks Record For Globus Data Movement, 2.9 Petabytes Moved
Center for Open Science
The Center for Open Science Receives Grant from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation to Study Trust and Credibility of Preprints
Julia language co-creators win James H. Wilkinson Prize for Numerical Software
Wall Street Journal
UC Berkeley’s Fastest-Growing Class Is Data Science 101
New Community Engagement Center Will Expand Fellowship Program
Studying the Stars with Machine Learning
Interested scholars should submit a letter of inquiry of no more than two pages to program director Joshua M. Greenberg.
Data & Computational Research
info UC Irvine professor and Sloan grantee Holly Bik discusses Phinch, a Sloan-supported biodata visualization platform, at the 2016 NYU Data Summit. Developing tools that help researchers work more effectively with data is one of the primary goals of the Data and Computational Research program. Program Goal To accelerate scientific discovery by helping researchers fully exploit the opportunities crea…