- Improve the discovery and review of diverse scholarly materials.
- Establish new forms of publication connecting data, code, and analysis—particularly to support the reproducibility of research.
- Software grants support technology development ranging from prototyping funds to substantial scaling resources;
- Training grants aim at supporting work force training and curricular initiatives as well as targeted adoption of new technologies by specific communities;
- Research grants bring historical, ethnographic, and economic research methods to bear on our understanding of scholarly activities in a changing technological context;
- Community grants build networks for knowledge exchange across disciplines as well as institutions that serve to incubate sustainable research and software projects.
Wall Street Journal
UC Berkeley’s Fastest-Growing Class Is Data Science 101
New Community Engagement Center Will Expand Fellowship Program
Princeton University Press
Open Review of Bit by Bit by Matthew Salganik
Association of Research Libraries
Software Preservation Best Practices in Fair Use to Help Safeguard Cultural Record, Advance Research
Princeton University Press/Matthew Salganik
Technology Case Study: The Open Review of "Bit by Bit"
American Geophysical Union
AGU to Implement Hypothes.is Annotation for Manuscripts
Interested scholars should submit a letter of inquiry of no more than two pages to program director Joshua M. Greenberg.
Program Goal To empower researchers by supporting the development and adoption of new resources for managing the increasingly diverse array of digital communication channels, enabling scientists to more effectively locate relevant research, network with other researchers, and disseminate their work to the scientific community and the public. Strategy Grantmaking aims to Improve the discovery and rev…