- Improve the discovery and review of diverse scholarly materials.
- Establish new forms of publication connecting data, code, and analysis—particularly to support the reproducibility of research.
- Software grants support technology development ranging from prototyping funds to substantial scaling resources;
- Training grants aim at supporting work force training and curricular initiatives as well as targeted adoption of new technologies by specific communities;
- Research grants bring historical, ethnographic, and economic research methods to bear on our understanding of scholarly activities in a changing technological context;
- Community grants build networks for knowledge exchange across disciplines as well as institutions that serve to incubate sustainable research and software projects.
A physicist reveals how citizen science is reshaping research
Center for Open Science
The Center for Open Science Receives Grant from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation to Study Trust and Credibility of Preprints
American Association for the Advancement of Science
AAAS Names 2019 Community Engagement Fellows
Wall Street Journal
UC Berkeley’s Fastest-Growing Class Is Data Science 101
New Community Engagement Center Will Expand Fellowship Program
Princeton University Press
Open Review of Bit by Bit by Matthew Salganik
Interested scholars should submit a letter of inquiry of no more than two pages to program director Joshua M. Greenberg.
Program Goal To empower researchers by supporting the development and adoption of new resources for managing the increasingly diverse array of digital communication channels, enabling scientists to more effectively locate relevant research, network with other researchers, and disseminate their work to the scientific community and the public. Strategy Grantmaking aims to Improve the discovery and rev…