- Benchmark the current state of our understanding of deep carbon
- Develop an ambitious, intellectually rigorous research agenda
- Cooperatively raise funding and execute that research agenda;
- Synthesize and disseminate findings to the larger scientific community and the public
- Strengthen the geophysical research community through the training of the next generation of young geoscientists and through the development of new instruments, models, and analytical methods.
Sloan grants to the DCO focus on providing funds for organization, institutional infrastructure, data management, and instrument development.
Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
A message to our grantees regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
Missing Link Identified to Determine Carbon in Deep Earth Reservoirs
Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences
Study weights deep-sea mining's impact on microbes
Breathing? Thank volcanoes, tectonics and bacteria
Drilling down: scientists update estimates of Earth’s carbon reservoirs
Deep Carbon Observatory
2019 DCO Emerging Leader Award Recipients Selected
This program does not accept unsolicited letters of inquiry or grant applications. For more information, including information on current funding opportunities, interested scholars should visit the Deep Carbon Observatory website.