The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation is currently accepting applications for the following open positions.
The Foundation’s investment team manages a broadly diversified portfolio in both public and private investments. The Team is currently seeking an investment analyst to support the Foundation’s investment team. In addition to private and public investment work, the analyst will work across the highly collaborative Investment Team, to support the Foundation’s overall investment activities. The Foundation is seeking a candidate with 0-2 years’ work experience, pre-MBA, for this three-year job assignment.
$60,000 - $70,000
- Leads efforts in data collection, performance updating, and onboarding of external risk system.
- Assists in preparing investment and analytic materials for internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists with investment operations and performance reporting.
- Works with colleagues in Information Systems, Investment Operations, and Finance to identify and validate key information for investments and financial reporting.
- Attends meetings and conference calls with existing and prospective investment managers. Has engaged discussions and takes detailed meeting notes.
- Participates in and supports special projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, and/or related field.
- Zero-to-two years of experience in a financial services firm and/or similar role and pre-MBA.
- Strongly proficient with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Outlook, PowerPoint). Experience with Microsoft Excel and other tools to create financial models/analysis is essential.
- Experience with Bloomberg, eVestment, Backstop Solutions, Caissa, Preqin, and Burgiss is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of capital markets and investments.
- Demonstrated understanding of statistical methods, such as econometrics, statistics, etc.
- Knowledge of business and investment landscape.
- Knowledge of investment systems and ability to learn new information management systems for investment monitoring and reporting.
- Strong analytical, critical analysis/reasoning, and problem-solving skills. Ability to identify key problems and suggest solutions is essential.
- Superior attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; professional, collegial, energetic, able to develop productive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Able to work independently as well as in a group.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Interest and motivation in supporting the Foundation’s mission and goals.
- Able to travel as needed, including internationally.
The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Investment Analyst position is intended for early-career investment professionals. Over a three-year period, analysts will gain exposure and a broad range of experience in preparation of continued educational pursuits or next steps in their investment career at the Foundation or in the field.
Work samples may be requested during the interview process.
The Foundation offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. For consideration please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to start their career in the Foundation / Non-Profit world. This is a truly administrative job that has an extremely wide variety of duties. Attention to detail, being proactive, and not letting things fall through the cracks are key components to a person being successful in this position.
- First point of contact for staff inquiries
- Manages the Foundation’s telephone and visitor traffic and office services
- Plans logistics (catering, conference calls, attendance) for weekly Program Meetings
- Plans logistics (flowers, catering, Board Book mailing, waitstaff, supplies) for quarterly Board of Trustees Meetings
- Responds to all routine inquiries; Promptly answers all incoming calls to the Foundation’s general number
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail and signs for deliveries, sorting, routing, and notifying recipients as appropriate. Assists staff with delivery and messenger services (FedEx, UPS, Avant Messenger)
- Registers guests with building security daily
- Ensures that the reception area is staffed at all times during business hours
- Maintains a routine/weekly account of current activities, tasks, and projects for the Administrative Team
- Assists with New Hires and Separations (welcome and farewell events, providing instruction on administrative procedures for onboarding)
- Ensures that all common areas of the Foundation facilities are organized, operational, and presentable at all times
- Orders and restocks supplies used by the Foundation, including office and copy room supplies, snacks and beverages for the Pantry
- Maintains relationship with outside vendors, such as building property management and security, repair contractors, caterers, suppliers, and services
- Drafts, mails, and files declination correspondences to potential grantees on behalf of the Foundation
- Collects receipts for Foundation purchases, processes incoming invoices, and reconciles credit card statements
- Maintain on-site office equipment (copiers, coffee machines, refrigerators, microphones, and other equipment as necessary)
- Assists with Safety and Emergency Planning (manage Front Door locking schedule, notifies staff of local events where there may be high security, maintains Go Bags, registers security cards, checks AED monthly, coordinates fire extinguisher check annually)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- 1-2 years related work experience
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Ability to multitask and excellent time management skills
- Team player with ability to self-motivate and willingness to communicate and admit mistakes
- Understand the importance of accountability
- Written and verbal communication skills
- MS Excel, Word, Outlook
The Foundation offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. For consideration please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please reference the job title. The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.