The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation is currently accepting applications for the following open positions.
THE ALFRED P. SLOAN FOUNDATION:
Founded in 1934, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation is a non-profit, grant-making organization dedicated to supporting original research and broad-based education pertaining to science, technology, and economics to improve the quality of American lives. The Foundation holds a core belief that scholars and practitioners who work in these fields are chief drivers of the nation’s health and prosperity. With its various grant programs, the Foundation seeks proposals for original projects led by outstanding teams and individuals.
The Investment Team at the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation is currently seeking an Investment Analyst to assist with the management of a broadly diversified portfolio including investments in various asset classes such as public equity, fixed income, hybrid credit and private investments.
This position is a three-year program intended for early career investment professionals. Over a three-year period, analysts will gain broad experience and exposure to portfolio management and investment strategies and techniques. The Team is seeking a candidate with 2-3 years’ work experience, pre-MBA for this job assignment.
Assignments and duties of the Investment Analyst include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing quantitative analysis, financial modeling and research relevant to public markets, private investments and portfolio management
- Preparing investment and analytic materials for Investment Committee members, Board members, and internal/external stakeholders
- Collecting and analyzing performance and investment data for monthly/quarterly reports
- Assisting with investment operations and performance reporting
- Attending meetings and conferences with existing and prospective investment managers
- Engaging in discussions with fund managers and taking detailed meeting notes
- Participating in and supporting special projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Other responsibilities, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, and/or related field; pre-MBA
- Two to three years of experience in a financial services firm and/or similar role
- Interest and motivation in supporting the Foundation’s mission and goals
- Knowledge of business and investment landscapes, and general understanding of capital markets
- Ability to learn quickly
- Technologically savvy and highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to be creative and generate presentation structures based on broad, high-level ideas
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, especially the ability to identify key problems and suggest solutions
- Superior attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – highly professional, collegial, energetic – and able to develop productive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and in a group, as well as under pressure/tight deadlines
If you are interested in the Investment Analyst position, please apply following the directions below:
Required Documents: Resume, Cover Letter (both PDF format)
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Application – Investment Analyst – [Last Name], [First Name]
You will be contacted directly should your background and qualifications be a match. Work samples and references may be requested during the interview process. The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!