The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation is currently accepting applications for the following open positions.
The Foundation’s investment team manages a broadly diversified portfolio in both public and private investments. The team is currently seeking an investment analyst to support the Foundation’s investment team. In addition to private and public investment work, the analyst will work across the highly collaborative investment team to support the Foundation’s overall investment activities. The Foundation is seeking a candidate with 2-3 years’ work experience, pre-MBA, for this three-year job assignment.
- Performs quantitative analysis, financial modeling, and research relevant to Public Markets, Private Investments, and Portfolio Management.
- Assists in preparing investment and analytic materials for internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists with investment operations and performance reporting
- Works with colleagues in Information Systems, Investment Operations, and Finance to identify and validate key information for investments and financial reporting.
- Attend meetings and conference calls with existing and prospective investment managers. Have engaged discussions and take detailed meeting notes.
- Participates in and supports special projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, and/or related field.
- Two-to-three years of experience in a financial services firm and/or similar role and pre-MBA.
- Understanding of capital markets and investments.
- Demonstrated understanding of statistical methods, such as econometrics, statistics, etc.
- Knowledge of business and investment landscape.
- Knowledge of investment systems and ability to learn new information management systems for investment monitoring and reporting.
- Strong analytical, critical analysis/reasoning, and problem-solving skills. Ability to identify key problems and suggest solutions is essential.
- Superior attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; professional, collegial, energetic, able to develop productive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Strongly proficient with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Outlook). Experience with Microsoft Excel and other tools to create financial models/analysis are essential.
- Able to work independently as well as in a group.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Interest and motivation in supporting the Foundation’s mission and goals.
- Able to travel as needed, including international.
The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Investment Analyst position is intended for early-career investment professionals. Over a three-year period, analysts will gain exposure and a broad range of experience in preparation of continued educational pursuits or next steps in their investment career at the Foundation or in the field.
Work samples may be requested during the interview process.
The Foundation offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. For consideration please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please title your documents, "Lastname_Firstname Resume" and "Lastname_Firstname Cover Letter." In the subject line please reference the job title. The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.